Friday, August 27, 2010

The So(ul) Providers

Let me start off by saying this, the way I felt when I first heard A Tribe Called Quest, J.Dilla, Mos Def  and LittleBrother (mainly the first album) is the same way I  felt when I heard Blu and Exile's Mixtape: Below The Heavens. I felt I had been reintroduced to Hip Hop. The album was released sometime in 2007 and was an instant classic, as I like to say, it had "No Skippers."

Blu is an emcee out of the L.A.'s new school rap scene. His flow is deliberate, smooth and thought provoking. His style is reminiscent of Pharcyde, Jurassic 5, or even Freestyle Fellowship. Exile is one half member of the group Emanon along with Aloe Blacc. Exile is an accomplished producer who has worked with many in the hip hop game. Check out some of their work and see why I was hooked.



Click pic for mixtape link.
Producer Exile
http://www.thedirtyscience.com/

Link to Exile"s free Album: Radio Remixes


Blu & Exile - "So(ul)Amazing"



Blu & Exile - Dancing In The Rain




Blu & Exile "Blu Collar Workers"


1 comment:

  1. You're teasing us. Need some new music posted :). Love the site!

    ReplyDelete