Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stringer Bell?

OK if you guys ever watched the HBO show "The Wire" then you know Idris Elba as Stringer Bell, the smooth 2nd in command of the "Barksdale Organization." Others might know him from movies like "Daddy"s Little Girls", "Obsessed"  "Losers" or the latest "Takers." He is also set to appear in the Thor movie debuting next year. Well.............who the hell knew he could sing, DJ and rap! I mean I did for a while but I am just bringing it to your attention.

The real thing is that he is pretty good . One song in particular, "Best That I Can" comes across real easy to the ears because he is not trying to beat you over the head with any kind of vocal acrobatics (not that I am saying that he is a Luther Vandross or anything). The song is subtle,  has a head-nod effect to it and it stays in his lane if you know what I mean (not enough people do that).

Official Site: www.driis.com


King Driis  - Best That I Can
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Driis - Hold on Ft. Shadow (Produced by 9th Wonder)
KING DRIIS - HOLD ON from Pricefilms on Vimeo.


Download: King Driis - Hold on Ft. Shadow (Produced by 9th Wonder)

No comments:

Post a Comment